Sunday

Child-like Innocence

I have to share with you some amazing people that have impacted my life lately. I work guest services at a hotel near University of Oregon campus and the college has an exchange program set up for English language teachers in different countries to come to UO for a term and take classes and learn about different "American experiences." So not only to do they go to school 5 days a week, then on the weekends the faculty will take them on little excursions varying from going to Florence for the day to living with a host family here in Eugene for a day. With that said, we have 25 Brazilians staying at the hotel for two months! We don't get long term guests that often so to have them here is so different but amazing. I have never met a group of so many vibrant, exciting, and genuinely caring people. They all speak great English but since most of them have never been to the states before there are some things that I am even showing them, stuff that isn't taught in classes. I feel like they are not even "regular guests". One reason I can't call them regular guests because if I am upset or anything is wrong not only do they ask if I am okay they are always around to cheer me up. They are always inquisitive which I love, it forces me to be on my toes all the time.

What really makes me smile is their child-like innocence when it comes to very small things. For instance seeing the snow yesterday. I have never seen a group of adults so happy about snow and it just reminds me to stop and enjoy the little things that happen..




Also they went to visit my old high school, North Eugene..


Just overall some amazing people who remind me how lucky I am to have this job and to have met the people that I have. :)

No comments: